If you have a commercial business, and you want to manage to survive (or even thrive) in the competitive world we live in, then you have to use email archiving solutions. You probably wouldn’t be able to count how many emails you send and receive, and this number is growing with every year that goes by. This is why there is such a need for proper email archiving, also to protect you from security breaches, data loss, virus attacks, and other legal problems.
So how can you do this? According to experts, all outbound and inbound emails have to be archived. Since the revised Federal Rules of Civil Procedures in this country, this is actually a legal requirement. The best way to remain compliant is by using the cloud. This means all your information is store off site, where they are safe and protected. So what are the main benefits of doing this?
Benefits of Cloud Based Email Storage
- You will have e-discovery capabilities. If you don’t comply with the regulations on security norms and message passage as a business, you will also lose any legal dispute over problems. Through cloud storage, however, you can have these issues resolved very quickly. It is efficient and effective regardless of whether you are filing suit, or have had a suit filed against you. If you have a regulated company, then this is truly essential.
- You will protect your emails from tampering. This is important if you’re ever involved in a kind of litigation where you have to submit emails to or from third parties. You must prove that you present original documents that have not been altered in any way. This is much easier through cloud storage, and can even enable you to obtain SEC (Security and Exchange Commission) compliance if you want.
- Your data storage is unlimited, which means every single email ever sent or received can be stored there. This is actually one of the greatest benefits of the cloud as a whole. Your provider should be able to offer you unlimited packages in a very affordable way. In fact, that is one of the things you should look for when you are comparing providers.
- You have instant disaster recovery available. Even if your office building were to blow up completely, destroying everything inside it, your email communications will still be completely safe and untouched. This means that you can also retrieve your data straight away, as all you need is a computer with an internet connection.
- You can monitor your communications quickly and easily. This is particularly important for internal email, which has to comply not just with federal regulations, but also with your own internal policies. Do be careful, however, on the rules around privacy.
As you can see cloud email archiving is the way forward. It protects you from outside problems, natural disasters, and internal conflicts. If you run a business, that is the type of protection you simply cannot do without.